YEAR 36, NO. 6 — Malu is studying with the new convert, Cristiane, who was baptized Aug. 23. She wrote to our congregational group on WhatsApp:
I thank God for the opportunity to study with Cris. Today we studied by video conference, and it was very good. I hope to add even more to her life by the word of God.
We’re grateful to see this initiative of Malu’s. She understands the responsibility of teaching and then teaching more.
This is the principle we work toward, expressed by the apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 2.2: “And what you heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be competent to teach others as well.”
Our sixth grandchild was born to Joel and Tansy Aug. 14. J.J. was born premature and continues in the hospital, but she is growing and progressing. Grandparents are watching her via a hospital video.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 we received Ludmila and her two boys for a pleasant visit.
- Friday, Aug. 28, we received Humberto and Aline, and their daughter Lauren, from the Taubaté congregation.
- Saturday mornings, Paulo and I are studying the Bible together. We have breakfast together afterwards. Aug. 29, he had no commitment afterwards, so we talked for a couple of hours. Lately, we’ve been studying on godliness and practice.
In other news
- I’ve been regularly posting to the BelievingPrayer website lately, with 18 prayers in the month of August.
- Forthright Magazine columnists were freed from a monthly theme in August, but they’ll have one in September: blood.
- I sent a new book to the printer Aug. 31, about believing a lie. (See probable cover above.) It’s a translation of J.W. McGarvey’s sermon on 1 Kings 13, plus two more writers on the text, whose material popped up the same day I was closing out the project, plus a chapter of mine on the necessity of identifying and obeying the truth.
- A man from North Carolina sent a contribution to Forthright Magazine with this explanation: “I found you as I was looking for information about Sir William Ramsey. I read several items and enjoyed your material. Wanted to help out.”
- I continue teaching online on Friday nights, on 1 Peter, and recording a weekly video on the book of Galatians.
- I revived my personal site Aug. 22 with the article, “Take Responsibility for Yourself.
We’re grateful for all your prayers, support, and encouragement. May God bless all of us with the good fruit of the Kingdom.