Besides giving a lecture at the FHU Lectureship Feb. 9, I had time for several other things during my two weeks in the USA.
- I preached at the Tishomingo MS congregation Sunday morning, Feb. 12.
- We were privileged to hear our daughter Leila sing with the FHU Chorale at the Foote Street congregation in Corinth MS Sunday night Feb. 12. She is secretary of the group.
- I spoke at the Pine Knott congregation outside Paragould AR Wednesday evening, Feb. 15.
- We visited with our mothers and our children in Henderson TN, Iuka MS, Paragould AR, and Mt Juliet TN.
- I wrote several items for the internet on my personal site, the Brazilian devotional site, Forthright Magazine, The Fellowship Room, Believing Prayer, Brotherhood News, and other places.
- More planning and work was done on the People of God project.
- No definite progress was made during this period to make up for the $950/mo loss of support in recent months. (Before the trip, one contributor increased her monthly amount by $50/mo, and another resumed his $50/mo contribution.)
- Extensive contact was maintained with brethren and contacts in Brazil during this period.
I leave for Brazil Feb. 22, arriving the 23rd, Lord permitting. Vicki will remain in the USA for two more weeks, especially to help her mother with health issues.
This trip was planned last year because of the lectureship invitation, before receiving the news in January of our latest loss of support.
UPDATE: Got notice that one supporting church increased their contribution by $200/mo in January, and in April will increase it another $250/mo. Because of their arrangement, their contribution wasn’t making it to our sponsor and we didn’t know about it. This will help in closing the gap, but some $400 or so is still lacking.